Monday, June 28, 2010

Zannussi Built in Dishwasher leaking

On departing front door of building noticed drip from celling. Uh oh! Leak from kitchen above communal hallway. Uh Oh ! That is my Kitchen!

So far have learnt that kitchen installers use novel methods of wedging my dishwasher in. Including two saw cuts into metal work and some reshaping with a hammer to avoid an intruding bit of pipework at rear. Oh and they didn't know how to use the rear leveller so had just rested it on a plank and for some reason left a couple of tiles stuck to back of machine as well. Anyway leak is in the drain hose and fitting replacement look like it will be a bit of a pig. Joy.

Mondeo MK3 power locks

Near Side front door not locking and quote from garage to fix was best part of £200 inc the Vat. So another trawl round e-bay showed up some likely candidates. One week later and the job is done total spend £27.00 Advice to anyone replacing item :-

The tray that lines the interior door grab handle needs to be removed to reveal yet more screws if you want the trim to come off. Also only the lower half of mechanism needs to be replaced. Once you realise you can unclip the two parts you can then rotate it thus unhooking no longer required metal tie rod. Getting it back onto the dangling tie rod in door is medium difficult but whole job took me less than 2 hours.

Tumble Drier Creda TCR2 bought then fixed!

So the tumble drier died just as we left on 2 week trip to Taiwan during Easter break. Upon return we immediately did nothing about it as getting builders out and having functional bathroom was the priority. Anyway finally heaved the ancient drier down to the local waste recycling depot and picked up second hand Creda condenser drier bought from Friday-ad. This model drier has a metal door so I couldn't see the drum going round when I tested it. But I heard noises and when door opened it felt warm so that was an advance on old drier. Of course when I got it home and installed I realised it didn't work at all. Reluctant to give in I establish belt had snapped. On second attempt got right belt for under a tenner delivered from E-bayer. Fitting a new belt to a drier is a nightmare. Calls for almost complete dismantle of drier including removal of motor. If I had know just how ruddy difficult it was I would never have started but just when I thought there was no way I could stretch the belt over the tensioning pulley, I finally managed it. It all works. Hurrah! Wife look less than happy about time it took to get it working but it does and total spend was less then £60. Also I am pretty sure I now understand the majority of the bits inside this beast so I can keep this one going for a long time.